Chapter I: Philosophy
Kirishima Shuzo Co., Ltd. (the “Company”) has, since its founding, been a community-based company. Under our unchanging motto of “spurring passion from quality,” we focus on creating value, inspiration and trust. Since our founding, we have endeavored to make the finest-tasting shochu in an effort to offer our customers the value of relaxation, and we will continue to pursue even greater quality as we work to create new value.
We recognize that any personal information received from our customers in the course of our business activities is to be treated with utmost confidentiality. We have thus set forth the following policies for handling such information, and all of our employees work to abide by these policies in protecting personal information.
Yoriyuki Enatsu, Representative Director and President Kirishima Shuzo Co., Ltd.
April 1, 2003.
Chapter II: Policies
- 4. Collection of Personal Information
Collection of Personal Information
As a rule, the personal information the Company collects (including customer name, telephone number, email address, and other information that allows for identification of individuals) is to be provided (or registered) voluntarily by the customer, Company employee or other party.
- 5. Use of Personal Information
Use of Personal Information
Personal information provided shall be used only to the extent necessary in providing services, as described below, and shall not be used for any purpose other than those noted herein.
- a.To enable customers to sign up for and participate in Company marketing campaigns and events;
- b.To enable customers to respond to Company questionnaires;
- c.To enable the Company to accept customer purchases and orders for products;
- d.To handle customer purchases and orders for Company services;
- e.To improve the quality of Company products and services, and develop new products and services;
- f.To provide customers with useful information;
- g.With regard to information of Company employees, etc., to ensure internal administrative procedures are conducted smoothly and appropriately;
- h.To respond to inquiries from customers and Company employees, etc.;
- i.Otherwise for those purposes about which the Company has informed those providing the personal information at the time the information is obtained.
- 6. Outsourcing of Personal Information and Provision to Third Parties
Outsourcing of Personal Information and Provision to Third Parties
When outsourcing parts of its operations to outside vendors, the Company will enter into contracts with reliable vendors and work to monitor and supervise them.
Except as noted in the following, the Company will not disclose or provide customer personal information to third parties.
- a.When such disclosure is required by law, etc.;
- b.When the prior consent of the customer has been obtained;
- c.When the Company discloses or provides the information to a subcontractor, etc. to the extent necessary to provide a service requested by the customer;
- d.When information is disclosed or provided as part of statistical data in a format through which individuals cannot be identified;
- e.For personal information, in the event the Company discloses the information to a company with which it has entered into a non-disclosure (confidentiality) agreement;
- f.In the event the Company has reasonably determined that such disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or security, etc. of the Company or a third party.
- 7. Responding to Requests for Disclosure of Personal Information
Responding to Requests for Disclosure of Personal Information
The Company shall respond promptly and appropriately to requests it receives from individuals (note that in the case of minors, this will, as a rule, require us to verify the consent of a guardian) or an individual’s legal proxy for the disclosure, correction, deletion or suspension of use of personal information the Company has collected pertaining to that individual. If you wish to request such disclosure, correction, or suspension of use, please contact the Personal Information Inquiry Center via email form, as shown below. When making said inquiry, you may be asked to verify your identity. Corrections to and deletion of personal information provided will only be conducted to the extent necessary for the purposes noted above.
- 8. Legal Compliance and Continual Improvements
Legal Compliance and Continual Improvements
To ensure the appropriate management and protection of personal information the Company has collected, the Company has established a management system that conforms to JIS Standard Q 15001, and works to continually improve that system through periodic reevaluation. The Company also complies with all laws, national guidelines and other standards regarding personal information.
- 9. Organization and Training
Organization and Training
To ensure the proper handling of personal information it has collected, the Company has established individuals responsible for each area of operation, and conducts ongoing education and training for all those involved in those operations.
- 10. Security Measures
To prevent unauthorized access to, loss, destruction, alteration or leaks, etc. of personal information it has collected, the Company has implemented the appropriate preventive and corrective measures, and works to manage said information safely and accurately.
- 11. Changes and Notifications
Changes and Notifications
- 12. Inquiries Regarding Personal Information
Inquiries Regarding Personal Information
Requests to review, change or correct personal information, as well as inquiries, complaints and so on, should be directed to the customer contact noted below; the Company shall respond promptly to such requests. To prevent unauthorized acquisition or alteration, etc. of personal information by third parties, we may ask to verify that the request comes from that individual. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Kirishima Shuzo Co., Ltd. Customer Service Center Click here to contact
Chapter III: Technical Measures
- 13. Handling of Personal Information on the Web
Handling of Personal Information on the Web
To ensure security and prevent unauthorized third party access, personal information provided via the Company’s website is encoded using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
The Company’s website uses a technology called a “cookie.” Cookies refer to information sent from our web server to the customer’s browser, and are stored on the customer’s hard disk drive for use in identifying the computer. Data collected through these cookies is used to analyze website user behavior, provide membership services, and in distribution of ads outsourced to other companies’ sites. To make use of these functions, your browser should be set to accept cookies. To protect your privacy, your browser will only send and receive cookies to and from the server for that website.
3. Clear GIF, Web Beacons, etc.
To learn how many times a specific page has been accessed, some pages of this website may use a technology known as web beacons (also known as “clear GIFs”). Statistical data obtained through these web beacons is used for the purpose of improving the functionality of the Company’s website or for enhancing our services or improving operations and so on.
By combining these web beacons with cookies, we are able to collect detailed statistical information. While the data thus obtained contains an aggregate of the attributes of users who have viewed the site and overall site usage, it does not include any information that would make it possible to identify individual users.
4. Access Logs
The Company’s website maintains a record of information about those accessing the site in the form of an access log. The information recorded includes IP addresses, as well as access dates and times, etc., but does not include any information that would make it possible to identify individual users. Access logs are used in the management of the Company’s website and in analyzing site usage.
5. Countermeasures Against Cross-site Scripting (CXX/XSS) and SQL Injection
The Company conducts appropriate testing and other procedures for its website from the development stage, and has put in place countermeasures against cross-site scripting (CXX/XSS) and SQL injection.
The Company’s website includes links to several external sites, but these do not share personal information. No cross-site scripting is used on the website. Because the Company can take no responsibility whatsoever for personal information collected via websites we link to, users are encouraged to review the individual privacy policies of those websites.
Chapter IV: Others
- 14. Document Management
- 15.Revisions to and/or abolishment of this Policy shall be proposed by the department in charge and implemented upon approval of the President.
- 16.This Policy shall be in force beginning April 1, 2003. (Date of last revision: February 3, 2014.)